Explanation of Utility Bill Charges and Fees


Water rates are based on a 5/8th inch standard meter.

In District

  Out of District

 Base Fee  $14.50  Base Fee  $37.42
 Off-Peak (Oct-May)  $2.17 per 1,000 gallons used  Off-Peak (Oct-May)      $2.17 per 1,000 gallons used
 Peak (June-Sept)  $2.85 per 1,000 gallons used  Peak (June-Sept)  $2.85 per 1,000 gallons used


New residents are billed based on an average usage of 7,000 gallons until the winter average is established. The District uses a sewer average based on four (4) months water consumption from November through February of the previous year to calculate your monthly bill. Residents are able to impact annual bills to some extent by conserving during these four months. Upon request, a six-month consumption history may be used to adjust your bill below the 7,000 gallon District average.

In District

  Out of District

 Base Fee $6.00  Base Fee  $12.00
 New Resident $2.70 per 1,000 gallons based on District average of 7,000 gallons  New Resident   $10.80 per 1,000 gallons based on District average of 7,000 gallons
 Established Resident $2.70 per 1,000 gallons based on 4 month water consumption average (Nov-Feb of previous year)  Established Resident  $10.80 per 1,000 gallons based on 4 month water consumption average (Nov-Feb of previous year)

Should you experience a water leak or fill a swimming pool during the averaging months you will need to complete a Sewer Adjustment Request form that can be located here or by contacting Customer Service at 255-7871. 

Click here to see how Brushy Creek's water and sewer rates compare to other local utility providers.

Solid Waste

Residents are responsible for solid waste fees which are included on the monthly utility statement. Round Rock Refuse is the service provider for Brushy Creek Municipal Utility District.

Current Pricing:

  • Standard Service of 1 - 96 gallon garbage cart and 1 - 96 gallon recycle cart is $21 per month.
  • Each additional garbage or recycling cart is $5 per month.
  • Please use the Solid Waste/Recycle Request Form to request a change to your solid waste service.


Accepted recyclable items include rigid plastic containers with a 1 through 7 in the recycle symbol on the container (remove caps from bottles), aluminum cans, steel cans, tin cans, food boxes, paper towel and toilet paper rolls, newsprint, colored flyers in the newspaper, white office paper, colored office paper, magazines, and all corrugated cardboard. Large amounts of cardboard should be bundled and placed next to the recycle bin.

Items not accepted include glass, Styrofoam, foil and aluminum tins, paper towels, toilet paper, facial tissue, plastic bags, wet paper, paper plates, plastic utensils, and food boxes with a shiny lining (milk cartons, juice boxes).

Regulatory Compliance Fee

The District is required to maintain a Storm Water Permit from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. The Regulatory Compliance fee is what is used to fund the Storm Water Permit. The Regulatory Compliance Fee is on the monthly utility statement. The fee is based on the property water meter size with the standard residential 5/8 inch meter charge being $1.50 per month. 

Non-Standard Meter Fees

The District’s Rate Order outlines base fees related to non-standard sized meters and other District fees. Click HERE to view the complete Rate Order. 

Billing Cycles and Payment Options

Utility statements may be viewed and paid online. Login or sign in through the Pay Your Utility Bill Online.

Our website has special features such as payment alerts and recurring payment options. Other payment options are direct debit, telephone (credit card), in person at the Customer Service, or the white drop box located at the Brushy Creek Community Center. To sign up for Direct Debit from a bank account a Direct Debit Form will need to be completed. The form is located on the District website under District Forms or can be received from the Customer Service Office. If the payment due date is a Sunday or District approved holiday, payment can be received without any penalties on the following business day. Please note that the Customer Service Office is open on Saturday and due dates that fall on Saturday will need to be paid before or on that date. If you do not receive your bill in the mail, please contact 512-255-7871 and select option one (1). Failure to receive a monthly utility statement does not negate the responsibility to make payment by the due date.