Resident Information : Public Safety Information

Public Safety Information

Wildlife in District Parks and Greenbelts

The District is fortunate to have an abundance of green space, trails and parks. In addition to attracting residents, these green spaces also attract wildlife. Some animals that have been spotted in our green spaces include deer, raccoons, coyotes, snakes of all types, opossum, etc. 

Most wildlife is not a safety risk as long as you leave them alone. Don't panic, but take precautions and learn how to best deal with these wildlife:

Please note that the District does not provide Animal Control. These services are provided by Williamson County Animal Control. You may find more information on their website at Williamson County Animal Control.


Help prevent West Nile Disease

Fire Safety

Important Phone Numbers

  • To Report Non-Emergency Issues (Non-911 issues), contact the Williamson County Sheriff's Department at 512-943-1389
  • To Report Water Issues, call 512-255-7871
  • To Report Vandalism, contact the Williamson County Sheriff's Department at 512-943-1300
  • To Report Loose or Dangerous Animals, contact the Williamson County Animal Control at 512-943-1300
  • To Report Street Light Outages follow this link to Oncor's web site 
  • To Report Narcotics Activities or Drug Use call the Williamson County Sheriff Narcotics Unit at (512) 943-1170 or submit a report with Crime Stoppers.

Regional Notification System 

Capital Area Council of Government’s (CAPCOG) Regional Notification System (RNS) uses a “reverse dialing” method to notify of critical emergency information in situations where property or human life are in danger. It also can be used to notify residents of other non-emergency events that affect them. The system has the ability to notify land-line and cell phone users if there is an emergency near their home, business or other locations in Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee, Llano, Travis and Williamson counties. 

RNS provides enhanced notification capabilities to cell and land-line phones as well as email, SMS text, alpha pagers and numeric pagers. The system can send automated messages for certain types of weather events such as severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, and flash floods. Cell and land-line phones can receive warnings by checking the appropriate box on the registration form. Messages may include content such as incident-specific information, recommended protective actions or response directives. 
Additionally, residents may choose to receive automated warnings - tornado, severe thunderstorm or flash flood, for example - from the National Weather Service. 

Visit the CAPCOG website at and click on the Homeland Security link to learn more about this free service and register your device to receive notifications.