Solid Waste / Recycling Information : Bulk Item Pick-Up
Bulk Item Pick Up Service
Residents may request 2 Saturday Pick-Ups per year!
Request a Bulk Item Pick-Up
Video on Acceptable Items
- Two annual curbside bulk item or brush waste pickup services are available to each residential customer every calendar year at no additional cost.
- The person requesting the bulk item pick-up must be listed on the utility account.
- If you need more than two bulk item pickups per year, they are available through TDS for a fee. Contact BCMUD for more information.
- Bulk item pickup services are scheduled on Saturdays only.
- Please wait to receive a confirmation email from Customer Service containing the date your pickup is scheduled for before placing your items on the curb.
- The volume collected is restricted to 3 cubic yards per residential unit. Yard waste must be bundled, tied, and cut into four-foot lengths not to exceed 35 lbs. per bundle. Limbs must be no more than four inches in diameter. Refrigerant must be removed, and written certification of removal by a licensed technician is required.
- Please specify the size of your mattress and the type of appliance in the "Special Instructions" section of the bulk item pickup request form.
- Water heaters must be drained.
- Flat screen televisions up to 44 inches and tube televisions up to 32 inches are eligible for removal.
- Any wooden pieces must be free of nails.
- Glass up to 3' x 6' is eligible for removal.
- Soft metal such as fence posts or basketball goals are acceptable bulk items.
- Carpet may be removed if it meets the following requirements:
- Up to 10 rolls of carpet in one request is allowed.
- Carpets must be no more than four feet in length.
- Rolls must be no more than two feet in diameter.
- Carpet bundles must be within the three-cubic-yard limit.
- Any hazardous items, chemical compounds, mixtures or substances
- Motor oil or gasoline
- Items considered to be construction or demolition material/debris
Please note: TDS may charge an additional fee if items collected exceed 3 cubic yards or any of the other limits listed.