Requirements for entry:
Entries must have the name, address, and phone number of the entrant and the breed
of dog(s), included in the email. Entries
received without this information will not be considered.
1. Entries must be either unmatted prints at least 5″ x 7″ in size or high-resolution
(300 dpi) digital photos. Photocopies will not be accepted.
2. The photo submitted must be entrant’s original, nonprofessional, previously
unpublished creation owned solely by the entrant.
3. No official dog show “win shots” will be accepted.
4. Entrant must have permission from the owners of all dogs and any individuals
that appear in the photo to use their name and likenesses in the photo and to
grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide
such permissions on a form provided by the District.
5. The photo submitted must demonstrate the Contest theme, which is “Dogs in
Brushy Creek’s Parks.”
6. The photo submitted must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory,
disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent,
sexual, profane, tortious, slanderous, discriminatory in any way or that promotes
hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with
the theme and spirit of the Contest.
7. The photo submitted must not contain material that violates, misappropriates or
infringes upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party including, but
not limited to, any copyright, trademark or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any
other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
8. By entering the Contest, entrants warrant and represent that they are the owners
of the photo submitted and have obtained all permissions necessary for the
District to display, post, publish or use the photo submitted as set forth in these
Official Rules and in promotional materials relating thereto including, but not
limited to, permission from all persons and owners of dogs depicted in the photo
submitted and from any owner or holder of any dog, property, copyrights,
trademarks or other rights in materials or other items depicted in the photo submitted.
Winner Determination: Once all entries have been submitted, they will be judged by a
panel of judges at the conclusion of the Contest Period based on the following judging
• Creativity (40%)
• Fit to the Contest theme (30%)
• Quality of Picture (30%)
The winners of the photo contest would be announced on the day of the event - March 6, 2021.
The first-place winner could have the photo of their dog enlarged and hung in the Blue Lobby of
the Community Center. Second and third place winners will win gift baskets.
Thank you for participating in our contest!