Winter Storm Uri damaged many trees across the District. The median on Great Oaks (between O'Connor to Dorman/Evans and Stonebridge to Hillside) has trees marked for removals. Trees at Cat Hollow parked are also marked. The trees are marked with a bright orange/pink ribbon.
- Removal of trees is scheduled for July 28th
- The removal process will take 2-3 weeks, pending no weather delays
The District will place door hangers on homes with the property directly adjacent to the areas with trees removed starting July 21.
- There are 29 homes adjacent to Cat Hollow Park that will receive door tags
- Cat Hollow Park has 51 lacebark elms that will be removed
- The trees on the median are 29 lacebarks and oaks
The District will be planting 43 new trees in several areas, including:
- 12 at Cat Hollow Park
- 3 at Creekside Park
- 29 in the medians (to replace some of the lost canopies from the storm)
Planting will take place in late July/August.