Brushy Creek Pools : Aquatic Programs : Lifeguarding Course
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course
Learn to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent drowning and injuries. Successfully complete the course to receive a Lifeguarding with First Aid, CPR/AED Certification. Ages 15+
- Students must pass the pre-course Swimming Skills Test on the first day of class:
- Swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl or breaststroke (goggles may be used).
- Tread water for 2 minutes using your legs only.
- Swim a distance of 20 yards, surface dive and retrieve a 10-pound diving brick, return to the surface and kick on your back to the starting wall holding the brick with both hands. Set the brick onto the deck and exit the pool without assistance within one minute forty seconds. (Goggles may not be used).
- Must register before the start date
- Must be at least 15 years old by the last day of class.
Lifeguarding Class Registration - March
Lifeguarding Class Registration - April through September
This course includes an online portion of about 7 hours.
**New** After you are registered for our Lifeguarding Class, you can come to Sendero Springs pool for free during open hours to practice your skills!
* NO COST for District
Lifeguard Certification class with Summer season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) commitment form.
3-Day Course Schedule:
Friday 5:00 - 9:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- March 17 - 19
- March 24 - 26
- April 28 - 30
- May 5 - 7
- June 2 - 4
- July 7 - 9
$185 BCCC Member | $190 BCMUD Resident | $200 Non-Resident*
Contact the Aquatics Supervisor, Cameron Keating, (512) 255-7871 x205 with any questions.
*Refund requests must be made to the BCMUD 7 days before the class or program begins