Permits & Construction Standards : Building & Construction Permits

Building & Construction Permits

The Brushy Creek Municipal Utility District has jurisdiction over stormwater, water and wastewater. It is the builder's responsibility to have proper approval from other entities.

  • Williamson County's engineering division will require a certificate of compliance for construction and development. To contact the road and bridge department, residents may email the county at or call 512-943-3330. The county health department will also need to be contacted for any food services. 
  • The city of Round Rock enforces sign ordinances within the District. Follow the City of Round Rock Permit Procedures before beginning construction of signs.
  • The Sam Bass Fire Department will want to complete a plan review for fire protection. Call 512-255-0100 to reach the Sam Bass Fire Department.    
  • Oncor Electric is the electric provider for the District and can be reached at 888-313-6862. 
  • Atmos Energy is the gas provider for the District. Call 866-332-8667 for the builder services line. A release from the District will be provided before the gas meter is set. In order to obtain this release all inspections and fees have to be complete with the District. It is then the builders responsibility to request the meter from Atmos.    

Permit applications must be submitted by a registered master plumber with current information on file with the District. The plumber is responsible for ensuring inspections are called in and passed by the District. All fees at the end of the job will be assigned to the plumber. The certificate of occupancy will not be issued until all fees are rendered. 

Please call 512-255-7871, ext. 410, or email Public Works Admin with questions and to submit permit applications.