Permits & Construction Standards : Permits
The following information is provided to assist individuals and companies performing any type of plumbing work within Brushy Creek Municipal Utility District (BCMUD). The BCMUD has jurisdiction of water, wastewater, and storm drains. If any water, wastewater or gas line is altered, removed or installed the District asks a permit be requested.
Prior to performing any plumbing work, all applicable permit applications must be submitted by a registered plumber with current information on file with the District. The plumber is responsible for ensuring all required inspections are scheduled with the inspector and passed by the District. All fees remaining at the end of the job will be assigned to the plumber. Should any work require access through District property, a Permit Application for Trail and Easement Access must be completed.
Please carefully review the District’s Sewer Line Backup Policy in the attached “Know your Sewer Line” brochure and be aware that on a single service, the homeowner’s responsibility starts at the main and on a dual service, the homeowner’s responsibility starts after the wye. District staff cannot perform work on private property. For more information or questions please email Public Works Admin or review Permit FAQ's.
Effective as of June 1, 2022
PLUMBING PERMITS AND INSPECTION FEES
- Residential Plumbing Inspection Fee - $105.00 per inspection
- Commercial Plumbing Inspection Fee- $115.00 per inspection
- Plumbing Permit Fee - $25.00 - (Required for any alteration, removal or installation of plumbing other than plumbing performed by a homeowner without a commercial plumber.)
CONSTRUCTION AND INSPECTION FEES
- System and Drainage Facility Inspection Fee (Applicable to inspection of facilities to be conveyed to the District)-
The developer shall be responsible for payment in an amount equal to three (3) percent of the construction cost of the facilities based on the contract price provided in the bid, paid in equal monthly payments based on the contract time, with payments automatically accelerated and due in full if unpaid prior to the request for approval of such facilities. Facilities will not be accepted for operation until fee is paid in full.
- Plumbing Permit Fee - $50.00.
- NOTE: NO NEW BUILDING PERMITS SHALL BE ISSUED TO ANY BUILDER WHO OWES THE DISTRICT ANY OUTSTANDING FEE OR CHARGE ASSESSED BY THE DISTRICT.
- New Facility Plumbing Inspection Fee - Series of five inspections (rough-in, service lines, copper, top out and final). Payment for five plumbing inspections is required in advance based on the Plumbing Inspection Fee in effect. An additional Plumbing Inspection Fee will be required for each additional inspections, re-inspections, and any other inspections required to determine compliance with the Uniform Plumbing Code adopted by the Board of Directors.
- Out-of-District Water System Connection Fee (Includes meter installation and inspection) - $2089.00 per LUE